LEARN more about how to harness Social Media to get out your message and advocate more effectively for change.
Aquifer Media can assist your organization in designing, coordinating and implementing strategic communications plans and interactive peer-to-peer training workshops.
Throughout his career, Will Coley has organized numerous training events for coalitions, volunteers, members of diverse communities and the general public, including:
- Southeast Immigrant Rights Conference: July 2012. Presentations on “Digital Dinner Party” and “Audio Storytelling“
- SPIN Academy South: June 2012. Presentations on “Digital Dinner Party” and “Audio Storytelling“
- “Social Media: Power and Culture” class, Los Angeles Organizing Academy, CD Tech and Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Los Angeles, CA. February – March 2012. See our class tumblelog.
- National Plan for Hispanic/Latino Ministries, United Methodist Board of Global Ministries, national gathering in Orlando, FL. September 2011
- Methodists Associated Representing the Cause Hispano-Americana (MARCHA), training for the youth program at national gathering in El Paso, TX. August 2011
- Detention Watch Network national conference, Austin, TX. April 2011
- LA Media Reform Summit, video training in Los Angeles, CA. February 2011
- Video Active: Making Digital Video for Social Justice & Change, A 2-part training on how to use Flip Camera to get your message out, Los Angeles, CA. August 22 and 29, 2009
- Public Interest Projects/Four Freedoms Fund Communications Summit, Web 2.0 session, May 2008
- “Low-Income Immigrant Rights Conference” for the National Immigration Law Center and co-conveners, December 2007
- Detention Watch Network conferences national planning committee 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006
- American Friends Service Committee’s Project Voice informational and community organizing meetings for immigrant and refugee communities, 2002-2006
- Jesuit Refugee Service – Volunteer Visitors to Detention Project monthly volunteer training sessions. Also designed volunteer handbook and recruited volunteers, 1997 – 2002