Through Aquifer Media, Will Coley designs social campaigns and digital storytelling that cultivate community and civic participation.
Will Coley has been an advocate and organizer with immigrants and refugees in Charlotte, New York/Newark, and Los Angeles, as well as in Zimbabwe and Great Britain, for organizations such as
- Catholic Charities (Charlotte)
- Jesuit Refugee Service
- American Friends Service Committee
- Homies Unidos and
- National Immigration Law Center.
Current and recent clients include
- Public Interest Projects
- Asian Pacific American Legal Center
- Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
- Rights Working Group
Will has an undergraduate degree in history and international relations from Wake Forest University, a master’s in public administration from Columbia University and a postgraduate certificate in forced migration studies from the Refugee Studies Centre at the University of Oxford.
- Reebok Human Rights Award, 2001
- Center for Community Change: Movement Vision Lab, Breakthrough performance in video contest, 2008
- Detention Watch Network Outstanding Work Award, 1999
- New Jersey Immigration Policy Network, Special Recognition Award, 1999