Learn how to use digital online tools to achieve your goals, reach targeted audiences, shape your message, engage supporters and evaluate the results.
Throughout his career, Will Coley has organized numerous training events for coalitions, volunteers, members of diverse communities and the general public, including:
- SPIN Academy: August 2015
- SPIN Academy Lab: July 2015
- Detention Watch Network Communications Training: April 2015. Presentation on Building Relationships with Journalists via Social Media
- National Immigrant Integration Conference: December 2014. Presentation of 12 Ways to Promote Your Event with Social Media
- Facing Race Conference: RaceForward in Dallas, TX November 2014. Presentation on Stepping up Cultural Strategy. Listen to audio portions here.
- SPIN Academy South: July 2014. Presentation of 12 Ways to Promote Your Event with Social Media and hands on audio session to produce “Beacon of Light”
- SPIN Academy South: July 2013. Presentation on Visual Images
- Southeast Immigrant Rights Conference: July 2012. Presentations on “Digital Dinner Party” and “Audio Storytelling“
- SPIN Academy South: June 2012. Presentations on “Digital Dinner Party” and “Audio Storytelling“
- “Social Media: Power and Culture” class, Los Angeles Organizing Academy, CD Tech and Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Los Angeles, CA. February – March 2012. See our class tumblelog.
- Social Media Day, Center for Nonprofit Management, Culver City, CA. March 9, 2012
- National Plan for Hispanic/Latino Ministries, United Methodist Board of Global Ministries, national gathering in Orlando, FL. September 2011
- Methodists Associated Representing the Cause Hispano-Americana (MARCHA), training for the youth program at national gathering in El Paso, TX. August 2011
- Detention Watch Network national conference, Austin, TX. April 2011
- LA Media Reform Summit, video training in Los Angeles, CA. February 2011
- Video Active: Making Digital Video for Social Justice & Change, A 2-part training on how to use Flip Camera to get your message out, Los Angeles, CA. August 22 and 29, 2009
- Public Interest Projects/Four Freedoms Fund Communications Summit, Web 2.0 session, May 2008
- “Low-Income Immigrant Rights Conference” for the National Immigration Law Center and co-conveners, December 2007
- Detention Watch Network conferences national planning committee 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006
- American Friends Service Committee’s Project Voice informational and community organizing meetings for immigrant and refugee communities, 2002-2006
- Jesuit Refugee Service – Volunteer Visitors to Detention Project monthly volunteer training sessions. Also designed volunteer handbook and recruited volunteers, 1997 – 2002